The Annual Meeting of the Missouri Academy of Science:
St. Charles, MO
Lunch on Saturday is available from the Spellmann Café, located in Spellmann Center. Dining options at the Spellmann Café include national brands Chick-fil-A and Qdoba as well as a grill and sandwich shop. Average lunch prices are $7-9. If you want to venture away from the university, there are many dining options in St. Charles.
Dining and Lodging
- Posters should be no more than 30’’ x 48’’.
- Posters should be readable from a distance of 4 feet. The smallest readable type font at this distance is 20 point (referenced to Times New Romans). If you have to resort to a smaller font size, you are using too much text.
- Artwork, photos, charts, and graphs typically make up the bulk of a good poster. Detailed information is more effectively conveyed in printed handouts that can be read.
- Multimedia equipment (audiovisual or projection) will not be available and there are a VERY LIMITED number of electrical outlets in the poster display rooms.
MAS Meeting Schedule
5:00 Executive Committee Meeting
5:30 Registration Opens
6:00-8:00 On-campus Social
7:30 AM – Registration Opens
7:30-9:00 Registration and Poster setup
9:00-12:00 Oral Presentations
- Agriculture 1 – (location TBD)
- Agriculture 2 – (location TBD)
- Atmospheric Science – (location TBD)
- Biochem/Biomed/Biotech 1 – (location TBD)
- Biochem/Biomed/Biotech 2 – (location TBD)
- Biology – (location TBD)
- Chemistry – (location TBD)
- Conservation – (location TBD)
- Conservation 2 – (location TBD)
- Geography – (location TBD)
- Geology/Geosciences – (location TBD)
- Math and Computer Science – (location TBD)
- Physics/Engineering 1 – (location TBD)
- Physics/Engineering 2 – (location TBD)
- Science Education – (location TBD)
- Social and Behavioral Science 1 – (location TBD)
- Social and Behavioral Science 2 – (location TBD)
12:00-1:00 Lunch Break (University Cafeteria)
1:00-1:30 Business Meeting
1:30-2:15 Plenary Session (Speaker – TBA)
2:15-3:30 Poster Session (location TBD)